• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KitchenAid refrigerator KSCS25INSS01 Evap Fan motor causes voltage issues when plugged in, everything functions when unplugged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bvpride1

Premium Member
Model Number
KSCS25INSS01
Brand
KitchenAid
Hi, we recently had our refrigerator start beeping twice every few seconds with the sound of the damper attempting to open and close. I opened the freezer section and found the evap fan motor not spinning, ( attempting to spin with each beep then pausing) with assistance I was able to push start it to run briefly with some minor variability until it would stop and the cycle would continue

In diagnostic mode, with the evap fan unplugged, every test passes. When I plug the evap fan back it, the evap fan test disrupts the entire process when it is highlighted. We get 12V to the evap motor plug

I replaced the fan motor thinking it was bad, but upon receiving the new motor we experienced the same thing. The motor has the capability to run for an extended period of time until the frost starts building up on the coils, however forcing the defrost allows the machine heat to defrost.

I’ve heard these are plagued with control board problems. Is this what I’m looking at or am I missing something obvious?

Bvpride1

Premium Member
The beeping is coming from the lower left control board in the back (diagnostic board?)

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, you have a bad control board, seen this many times on my service calls.

Its been discontinued so KitchenAid designed a KIT to replace that discontinued board.

Here it is for your model: Cntrl-Elec W10823804

Or you can start refrigerator shopping.

Jake

Bvpride1

Premium Member
Thank you for the confirmation! My least favorite thing is control board issues because they're so annoying to diagnose!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good, yes let us know how it goes. It should come with instructions.

Jake

Bvpride1

Premium Member
Jake,

New kit installed with ease and fridge is up and running. For anyone reading this the new kit is slightly larger but it will fit to the side of the plug it mentions in the install. Be gentle but it will need some slight force pushing up to slide it up and in place. Other then that reconnect all your wires and you’re good to go!

Definitely worth buying the kit to save money on a full fridge purchase. (15 years and running) time to start putting away towards a new one though!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Bvpride1, glad to hear the new control board kit fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.