• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KitchenAid Refrigerator KSF26C4XYY03 No water to ice maker

Drummey

Premium Member
Model Number
KSF26C4XYY03
Brand
KitchenAid
Backstory: About 3 weeks ago I found no ice in the bucket and figured out it was broken wires under the door. So I repaired them and all was working well. We had a power outage a few nights ago and now we have no ice. I noticed that the ice maker has no water in it, but yet it’s cold.
Things I know.
Water flows to water dispenser
Ice maker switch is ON
Emitter LED is on for roughly 5 minutes after a power cycle then does not light up again. It does not flash either.
Ice dispenser motor engages and works normally.
Things I have tested. Thankfully we have a fully functioning spare door. It’s easier for me to swap parts from door to door than to swap the full door. Although that might be my next shot.
Emitter and receiver were swapped (no change)
Ice maker swapped (no change)
Water lines were heated up (no change)
I don’t know where to go next with this. I have read multiple threads on here about this fridge, but none replicate my issue.
When I go into diagnostic mode, I only can get to 43. So I don’t know if the diagnostic lists are valid since everyone else can get a lot higher.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below.

It sounds like you had a power surge or power spike when your power came back on and shorted out your control board, because you should be able to go to step 49 in diagnostics.

Here's the control board for your model:
whirlpool-cntrl-elec-w11088499-ap6284979_01_m.jpg

Jake

Attachments

• Service and Wiring sheet-W10458462-Rev A.pdf
    680.7 KB · Views: 76

Drummey

Premium Member
Where is the control board located on the unit? Is there a way to test it rather than spending $350 on a whim?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Its in the very back of the refrigerator, you will need to pull the refrigerator out from the wall to access it.

Its behind a cover on the back exterior cabinet of the refrigerator.

Is there a way to test it rather than spending $350 on a whim?
That diagnostic test is the test to test it, if its not going to step 49 then wouldn't you say its bad too?

You can do TEST 25 where it fills the ice maker and see if it fills the ice maker.

Jake

Drummey

Premium Member
Test 25 shows 00. When I depress the water pad it shows 01. When I depress the ice pad it shows 00. So how do I manually start the full process?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Per the tech data sheet Digit 1 should be 1 not 0, that is the ice maker fill valve.

Digit 1
0= Ice Maker Valve OFF
1= Ice Maker Valve ON

Digit 2:
0= Water Valve OFF
1= Water Valve ON

Did water come out for 01 to your water dispenser?

So it does seem like the control board is the problem if its not turning the Ice Maker Valve ON.

Jake

Drummey

Premium Member
Correct, 01 and water dispensed.
Could it be the valve rather than the board?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Could it be the valve rather than the board?
Possibly, Lets verify that.:)

Put your multimeter probes in the electrical connector that goes to the single water inlet valve, then Run service step 25- Ice Maker Water Fill Test, and see if your meter says 120 volts. Do the same on the ice maker solenoid side of the dual water inlet valve and see if you get 120 volts.

Both of these water inlet valves are in the back of your refrigerator. The dual one should be located behind the single one, it will have a small plastic cover over it that is held on by 1 screw, just remove that screw to get that cover off the dual one.

Here's the single water inlet valve for your model:
WPW10238100 Valve

Here's the dual water inlet valve for your model:
Water Inlet Valve WPW10341320

Let us know what you find.

Jake