• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KitchenAid Refrigerator KSRP22FNSS00 ice maker water supply continuous flow

qwain76

Model Number
KSRP22FNSS00
Brand
KitchenAid
The other day we heard water gushing out of the water dispenser and from the bottom of the freezer. I opened the freezer and realized immediately the water was coming from the ice maker water supply tube (the black tube on top) which was flowing continuously even if the ice maker was full. Thank God we were in the house this could have made a disaster.

I immediately shut down the water and turned the ice maker off. After some time, for test, I restarted the system and the water was not dripping anymore. Right now I have removed the ice maker and turned off the ice-maker switch.

The question is: what part should I be changing? What triggers the water supply to the ice maker to stop? Should I change the ice maker, the ice maker control board or other parts?

I am really afraid the problem will occur again causing a major water damage so I want to make sure I address it correctly.

Thanks

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
The fill cycle for the ice maker is at the end of the harvest cycle. The ice maker supplies 120 VAC to the water valve for about 7 seconds. Most likely the valve stuck open. It's a common issue with water valves. When you turned the water supply off, it relieved the pressure in the valve and the armature closed. It's not leaking now so leave the ice maker turned off. You can install it but just don't turn it on
W10822681 Valve-Inlt