• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Kitchenaid Refrigerator KSSS48QMB00 water dispenser tubing disassembly help

Status
Not open for further replies.

harmomelodic

Premium Member
Model Number
KSSS48QMB00
Brand
KitchenAid
Howdy. I have a KSSS48QMB00 (one of the very large side by side fridge/freezer models. One of the water feed 1/4" pipes has a large hole and gushes water when the water dispenser calls for water. I'm looking to replace this section of tubing but need help with the process to get at one end of the tubing.
The section in question travels from within the housing of the refrigerator out the extreme back bottom right corner of the fridge, passes over the water filter, and proceeds to a union behind some protective housing halfway across the front of the fridge.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to pull the side or back panels to get at the other end of the damaged line. It almost looks like those panels are structural, but from a repair perspective that cannot make sense.
Any help?

harmomelodic

Premium Member
Of course I've searched for videos and googled for instructions or diagrams. So far they haven't been helpful (the best was a parts finder diagram, but it doesn't really show the larger assembly.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I located the service manual that shows you how on pages 4-28 and 4-29: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzvgAyLTSh14NmFPVE9hVnhoMk0/view?usp=sharing

Which line exactly has the hole in it and can you see the water line leaking? Can you take a photo of it and upload it here?

There is a John Guest Union underneath the front of the refrigerator behind the bottom kickplate grille that is 1/4" water line that goes up into the freezer door, then on the other side of the John Guest Union its a 5/16" water line.

Here's the 5/16" water reservoir tubing that's located inside the refrigerator section behind the lower bottom crispers, that goes to that John Guest Union:
WP2256126 Water Reservoir

Here's the 1/4" water line tubing that goes from the other side of that John Guest Union up into the freezer door to the water dispenser:
8201537 Dispenser Water Tube Kit

Jake

harmomelodic

Premium Member
It is leaking just below the grommet from the reservoir tubing. I think I'll be able to manage with the tech manual and your help above. The manual is an awesome help. I'm sure I will use it again after this fix.
I'll be able to take another crack at it next weekend and will report back either way.
Thanks!
Chad

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Chad, sounds good. Yes, let us know how it goes.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Chad, glad to hear that.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.