• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KitchenAid Stand Alone Ice Maker KUIS18PNTB3 suddenly no lights

andrewoz

Premium Member
Hi Rick,

It looks like there are 2 pumps on the appliancepartspros site. How do I tell which one it is ? Assume the re-circ pump is the upper one in the unit.

Thanks !
Andrew

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

andrewoz

Premium Member
Hi Rick,

During the test cycle at the recirculation pump section, when I test the pump connection socket outer pins for 120VAC, I see 14.2 VAC.

thanks
Andrew.
Hi Rick,

Do you have an electronic copy of the service manual with voltages/circuits/etc for this unit?

I have been unsuccessful in finding this document. I have the owners manual that does show much of the disassembly for cleaning.

Happy 4th

Thanks,
Andrew

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Measure the resistance across the outermost wires of the pump connector. Should be between 17Ω and 23Ω. 120 VAC is supplied from the control board, blue wire and white wire. I'll see if I can find the tech sheet for that model. Here's a strip circuit for ice making mode:
Snapshot_4.jpg

Update- I was able to find the wiring diagram:

Snapshot_5.jpg

andrewoz

Premium Member
Hi Rick,

Hopefully last update on this one. Thanks for all the help.
I measured the resistance across the recirculation pump I removed and it was open.
The replacement one had resistance.
I installed the replacement recirculation pump, started the test cycle and when I got to the recirculation pump stage, saw water flowing across the freeze plate.
I have reassembled the ice maker with the new
pump and it is making ice once again.

Cheers
Andrew