• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KitchenAid Superba ice maker failure - wont' stop dripping water

slowtrain

Premium Member
Model Number
KSRB25FKSS03
Brand
KitchenAid
here's a good one. Twice in the last few years i have replaced the icemaker assembly and the fix has been good. Today, however, water was overflowing from the icemaker (filled with frzen ice). I quickly unplugged the refrig and removed the icemake, but the water keeps dripping from the black tube at the top. even unplugged for an hour, still dripping. I've turned off the water to the machine, which stopped the drip, but now need a fix...

thanks!

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

Sounds like the fill valve was not 100% shutting off and weeping in some water all of the time...

Water-Inlet-Valve-W10408179-01289316.jpg Water inlet valve kit. Manufacturer Number W10408179

jeff.

slowtrain

Premium Member
thanks for the help, Jeff. It appears, after all my fiddling, that it is working properly again. But i have little faith, and will monitor closely! 'ppreciate your efforts on the forum.

slowtrain

Premium Member
well, Jeff, The gremlin has returned. My issue is now that the icemaker fills the tray with water, and then the white funnel part as well, which freezes solid, and then the black outlet tube ballooned with frozen water (and now it split), and while I was able to thaw the funnel part and black rubber tube, it's happened again, and the icemaker keeps trying to fill the tray despite the frozen funnel part...

think it's just the water inlet valve kit that isn't closing enough and so filling the funnel part? that's what makes sense to me... but perhaps you have a better idea? and can you point me also to the black rubber outlet tube as well?

thanks so much for your help!