• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KitchenAid Superba KEBC208KSS03 - Lower Oven Won't Heat

Enjoy

Premium Member
Model Number
KEBC208KSS03
Brand
KitchenAid
Hi All,

I have looked at several videos and tutorials, but cannot find information about my exact issue.

Kitchen Aid Superba
Model# KEBC208KSS03

The top oven works fine, without any issues.
The bottom oven will not heat at all.

We primarily use the top oven, but recently tried to use the bottom and it will not generate any heat. Display shows that it is set "ON" but heat on display and actual heat within oven does not increase.
My wife recently started baking a lot of sourdough bread, which requires baking at 475F - 500F.

Since it is only (1) out of the (2) ovens, where should I start my investigation?

- Is there (1) thermal fuse per oven? If not, then it can;t be the thermal fuse since the top oven works fine.
- I doubt it would be a thermocouple (temp sensor) since there is absolutely no heat. I would assume if it was the temp sensor, the oven would supply power to the heating element but would then shut down due to the inability to measure the heat - Maybe this is incorrect?
- I have checked the heating element and do not see any signs of unusual wear or damage.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Andrew

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Andrew,

There is a oven shutdown thermal fuse that you'd need to ohm test it for continuity. UNPLUG or TURN THE BREAKER OFF TO YOUR DOUBLE OVEN BEFORE ACCESSING AND OHM TESTING IT!

Also remove the wires to it before ohm testing it.

You will likely need a helper to pull the double oven out from the wall, it's very heavy.

Its located in the very back #37 here:

Here's the thermal fuse #37 for your model:
Thermal Fuse WP9759242

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help, keep us posted.

Jake

Enjoy

Premium Member
Jake,

That fixed the problem! It is back up and running after swapping out the Thermal Fuse you recommended 👌

Thanks so much!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Andrew, glad to hear the new Thermal Fuse fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake