• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kitchenaid Superba KSRA25I - Contents at bottom of fridge frozen and water line frozen

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

cchaynes

Premium Member
Thanks jake

i dont mind doing this and it isn't expensive, but will this address my issues of the door sticking out more than the freezer or just the alignment?

i was thinking that it might also require a new door seal, but it is pricey and looks difficult what are your thoughts?

like i said the door has always stuck out more than the freezer even when it sealed better....

cheers

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No, it won't address that issue, Its more for the door not closing properly, I'm not sure there is a solution to that.

A new gasket is only needed when yours doesn't seal properly anymore, or has rips/holes in it.

Jake

MyFridgeIsKaput

Premium Member
So, to resolve my issue, would you replace the diffuser as well?

I never really got any direct feedback on what to do. Unless I missed a post.

Again, top of freezer is coating the top shelf contents with ice, very cold, bottom of freezer way below zero.

Top of fridge cool, bottom would freeze everything if for not a rolled up paper towel in the lower vent. And, without said towel it would freeze the water lines.

So...replace the diffuser?

TechnicianBrian

Appliance Tech
Looking back at the thread, your last post of Nov 30 said you would try to clear out the air passages and if that didn't work, then a total defrost. I also suggested you try to run the diagnostic cycle to see if anything was not functioning. Did you defrost the unit and run diagnostics and if so what did you find out since last Nov? The freezer way below zero would indicate the compressor just keeps running as it thinks it is warmer than it really is, but the much lower temperatures in the bottom of the freezer still indicates trapped air. You said you had airflow through the diffuser which would indicate it is working, but you may want to revisit this area. Use a mirror and see if the fins are open or closed. If you open the freezer door you will see light through the diffuser. The diffuser connector to the motor may have failed, or the motor itself may have failed causing the cold air to pool in the bottom of the freezer. My guess is the diffuser is working because the normal symptom would be a warmer fresh food section as the thermostat that controls the compressor is located in the air duct from the freezer. One other thing that comes to mind, however, is you mentioned you had service on the unit. I have seen conditions where someone removed the diffuser and in the process, dislodged the temperature thermistor so it was actually sticking into the fresh food section resulting in the compressor running all the time. It's probably time to step through each component one at a time until you find the failure. Make sure all air passages are clear and then check the diffuser as suggested above.

MyFridgeIsKaput

Premium Member
Brian -Thanks

I did all of that EXCEPT the diagnostics.

Can you give me a step by step or point me to a link?

Much thanks in advance.

TechnicianBrian

Appliance Tech
This may not be your exact tech sheet for your model, but it is for your model family. Do the tests and see if the thermisters test OK. If you have done the defrosting and that didn't make any difference, then you are down to the thermisters and control so hopefully the diagnostics will point in a direction.

Attachments

• Wiring Sheet - 2216445.pdf
    636 KB · Views: 201