kitchenaid/Whirlpool Dishwashers

I own a Model # KUDK03FTSS3 KitchenAid Dishwasher that is about 3.5 yrs old. Approximately a year ago the dishwasher stopped working altogether. I could not get the machine to even turn on. I called KitchenAid and was referred to a local service agent. They came to the house and of course charged me for service/labor and replaced a fuse. (Cost approx. $246). A week later or so, the machine stopped working again. This time they returned and after talking to the manufacturer, they charged me approximately $236 for the replacement of the fuse and the wiring harness inclusive of labor and service. A few weeks later....the machine stopped working again and I was quoted an additional cost for what the manufacturer now indicated was a control board problem. This produce was still under manufacturers warranty - although i had to argue to get it covered thru the service agent and to get additional cost waived for labor because they did not get it right the first 2 times they tried to fix it.

Fast forward 11 months and the dishwasher stopped working again. I called the service agent who indicated if it is the same problem the control board would be under manufacturers warranty but the service and labor would not be covered. They suggested i ask Whirlpool/KitchenAid to cover those costs because of the ongoing problem so i called the manufacturer. After talking to an agent and a supervisor, I was told they would not cover these cost despite the defect in their machine.

Long and short of it is that the company manufactured a defective machine that did not last 4 years and cost me almost as much in repairs in that time period as the original purchase price of the product. In retrospect, I should have abandoned the product after the first failure and used the repair costs to purchase another brand dishwasher. I would not recommend KitchenAid dishwashers or Whirlpool products, based on the defect in this dishwasher and their failure to stand by their product or cover repair costs for repeated failures.