• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KithchenAid Refrigerator model KFIV29PCMS02 ice and water no longer dispensing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shell H

Premium Member
Model Number
KFIV29PCMS02
Brand
KitchenAid
Out of the blue, the refrigerator quit dispensing ice and water. I have already installed a new primary water inlet valve. I have also checked and the two water reservoirs are not frozen. The water filter has been changed. The dual solenoid valves (after the filter) for the water supply to the door dispenser and the ice maker were pulled and tested. The resistance on each coil measured 180+ ohms each and both "fired" with 120 VAC applied to them.
I also changed the control board (item number W10589837) but that did not fix the problem. I need help!!
Also, ran the diagnostics and the got the following readings related to the door positions:
Service Test #16 (RC Door Switch Input): The display read "01" which means RC Door open
Service Test #17 (FC Door Switch Input): The display read "01" which means FC Door open
Question: Do the water and ice dispensers "think" that there is an open door(s) on the refrigerator and thus will not dispense? I need help!!
I would like to say "Thank you in advance" to any and all who can help guide me in the right direction with regard to what may be the problem and what I need to do to make the repairs.

Added complete model number

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Your missing 2 digits after the "S" at the end of your model.

Here's the results I get:
KFIV29PCMS00
KFIV29PCMS01
KFIV29PCMS02
KFIV29PCMS03

Also, ran the diagnostics and the got the following readings related to the door positions:
Service Test #16 (RC Door Switch Input): The display read "01" which means RC Door open
Service Test #17 (FC Door Switch Input): The display read "01" which means FC Door open
Question: Do the water and ice dispensers "think" that there is an open door(s) on the refrigerator and thus will not dispense? I need help!!
The doors need to be closed when running those tests.:)

Jake

Shell H

Premium Member
Good morning Jake.
The complete model code is KFIV29PCMS02.
The doors were closed when running the tests. That being the case, do you have any suggestions as to what is going on? Thank you.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's very strange, and the door switches are good?

The only other thing I could think of is the UI Pantry Board or wire harness to the UI Pantry Board shorting out, and that would cause this problem.

Disconnect the UI Pantry Board and wire harness and see if it starts working again.

If unplugging it made the ice and water dispenser go back to normal operation, then that's the bad part.

I just found it less expensive where it comes complete with the whole assembly:

pantyUIboard.jpg

Jake

Shell H

Premium Member
Hello Jake.
Did as you directed and the dispensers are now operating. Will get the new part in and installed and will confirm.
Thank you again and have a great day!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Shell, glad to hear that.(y)

Jake

Shell H

Premium Member
I am happy to report that your recommendation to replace the Pantry UI has fixed the problem. Thank you Jake!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Wonderful Shell, glad to hear the new Pantry UI fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.