• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake

KMHS120ESS4 Door error

1933beer

Model Number
KMHS120ESS
Brand
KitchenAid
Model KMHS120ESS4 microwave manufactured in 2016. I purchased this in 2017 and about 6 months after I installed it this issue started. It was intermittent until yesterday. I can get the thing to clear the meaasge. I think it I a microswitch in the door. I read some posts that say I may need to adjust or replace them. How do i adjust them? If I need parts where could I get the parts diagram so I order the correct parts.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
The latch bracket assembly holds the microswitches. On some models it's adjustable but not all models. To check the door switches Unplug microwave oven or disconnect power.
Remove the air grille

Open the microwave oven door and remove the control panel assembly

From here you should be able to access the microswitches. Remove the wires from the microswitches and check them for continuity by opening and closing the door.

Here's the three door switches:

W10727360 Switch

W10269460 Switch

W10269458 Switch