KOST100ES Installing separates where a microwave/oven combo currently resides

jhschlak

Premium Member
Model
KOST100ES
Brand
KitchenAid
Hello,
Looking to replace a 20 year old microwave/oven combo. The current cutout for this combo is quite large by today's standards. The cutout is approximately 46 1/2" high by 28 3/4" wide. Most microwave/oven combos are quite a bit smaller by about 4 or 5 inches.

However when looking at separates, it seems like they could fit ok.

I am looking at the kitchenaid oven KOST100ESS with a cutout height of 28 1/2" and a microwave KMBP100ESS with a cutout height of 28 3/4". Together they would be 46 3/8" or only 1/4" difference from my current cabinet cutout.

My question is can these two units be directly stacked on one another? I see in the manual online that it talks about a spacer unit that can be bought. Another section says that the microwave needs to have one inch of clearance above and below it. Is this inch above and below included in the manufacturer recommended cutout height of 28 1/2"? The instructions are unclear on this.

Thanks for any insight into this.

Jeff

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Jeff,

You'd need to talk to the salesperson that your purchasing this microwave/oven combo from, they would be able to tell you or they can contact KitchenAid to find out, if they don't know themselves.

Jake