• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KRFC302EPA00 Kitchenaid Refrigerator Touchpad troubleshooting/replacement

JJacobson

Model Number
KRFC302EPA00
Brand
KitchenAid
I have a Kitchenaid (KRFC302EPA00) refrigerator. The unit runs properly (cools the refrigerator and freezer to the selected setting, lights work and the displays show current temperature. However, the touchpad only beeps when any key is pressed. It appears the refrigerator "down temperature" button is remains "pressed" as the refrigerator is constantly cooling to the selected temperature of 33 degrees and this is the only key that doesn't produce a beep when pushed. I've replaced the control board but could not program it because i could not alter the settings--holding the door alarm and freezer "temp down" button only produced a beep--it did not allow me to enter the program code. I've now ordered the overlay (touchpad)

As I await the arrival of the overlay (touchpad), any advice on how to remove the touchpad? Any advice on which adhesive to use to affix the new one? Any other troubleshooting thoughts? Thanks, jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Its been about 15 years since I replaced the overlay on this model, I can't remember the exact steps, but the old overlay should just peel off and the new overlay is self-adhesive with a protective cover on it you have to remove first, then it sticks in the exact same spot as the old one.

Make sure you unplug the refrigerator before replacing it.

Here's the overlay for your model:

Let us know how it goes.

Jake