• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KRFC704FBS00 Freezer, and refrigerator not cooling. Lights on earlier now out.

Ncheng

Premium Member
Model Number
KRFC704FBS00
Brand
KitchenAid
Hi all,

My refrigerator isn’t cooling and the freezer is out. Earlier today the lights were on and working. We had a technician come out and now the lights aren’t working and saying we need to replace the control panel. I just opened the fridge and now I can hear the fan on and cold air blowing out of it but no LED lights or interior lights still and the freezer isn’t working.

I was told that I need to find a replacement control board but can’t find it anywhere but I keep seeing part # W11333076 pop up and some sites saying it’s compatible. Also when they took the metal cover off it had a “reworked” sticker with that part number on it if that is of any help.

Can someone help me in confirming if I need a new control panel? Also if so, is there a different part number or would part # W11333076 work? I’m stressing since it’s so close to Christmas. Thanks!

Last edited:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I need to find a replacement control board
You model uses the W11333076 board . However it's out of stock where ever I check.
it had a “reworked” sticker
The board had a problem with the original software so it was updated with the new software and marked reworked to indicate the new software.

Here's the Tech sheet for that model: It will tell you how to get into service mode. Once you're in service don't go pushing buttons willy nilly. Only run the tests you need to run

Attachments

• KRFC704FPS00 Tech Sheet - W10832390 - Rev C.pdf
    695.5 KB · Views: 45

Ncheng

Premium Member
@rickgburton thanks for all of the information! So it is the control panel? Just wanted to confirm and make sure that was truly the issue.

Also, I can’t get to the service mode because the LED screen lights are out now. But they were working before the technician got there. Would I be able to run the service tests still? I assume not but maybe it could and I just don’t know.

rickgburton

Staff member
So it is the control panel?
I have no idea. I was just giving you the correct part number and tech sheet so you can check it. With a blank display, service mode is not an option. On the bottom of the tech sheet below the wiring diagrams are the connector pinouts. On the far left is the board identity. The next column is the connector and they are labeled on the board (P1, P4, P12, ect.). The next two columns are the pins in the connector you'll be measuring the voltage from. The next column indicates the voltage you should get`and the last column is machine condition. Measure the voltage for each machine condition that says, Constant 115 VAC - Constant 12.7 VDC - Constant 5 VDC

Ncheng

Premium Member
Just ran service test on my Kitchenaid refrigerator and when I ran the condenser fan test, I did not hear anything but it said it was on. Should I be hearing something for that? Should I be worried?

Last edited:

rickgburton

Staff member
What happened, did the display start working? With some of the tests on that model you need to physically verify if something is working. The condensor fan is by the compressor. Is it working?