• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KRFC704FPS Kitchenaid refrigerator accumulates ice/water on inside lower shelf

brooklin

Premium Member
Sorry, can't be of any help in this regard. The service tech. appeared to have little difficulty but i watched from a distance. If you are having the same problems i had this is the 'fix', worked as designed since. Good luck.

brooklin

Premium Member
Just remembered!. He did remove the R.H. door on both occasions. Obviously necessary to remove the drawer support frame.

Jeff Beeler

Premium Member
What container? Same exact model number?

Yes, the exact same model number. Once I remove the drawers, the "box" that holds the drawers doesn't slide out easily. Is there a trick to removing it? I know to unplug the wiring harness, what else needs to be done?

Thanks in advance.

BTW, I unplugged the unit for 15 hours and the ice/water are no longer under the base of the crispers. I'm just not sure if that's enough time for the drain to thaw as well.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Is it one of these?
W1706044-00008.jpg

Jeff Beeler

Premium Member
All of the shelves/containers come out fine. It's the actual assembly from which you remove the shelves/drawers. Doesn't that need to be removed to take off the cover to see the drain?

jc00ke

Premium Member
How do you remove the container that holds the drawers? It doesn't slide out easily.
Necro-reply, but there are 2 "screws" on the side of the container that need to come out, you can pull the whole container out. I had to use pliers opened up for leverage to get these screws to budge.