• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KRFC704FPS01 KitchenAid Refrigerator Not Cooling Below 45-50 Degrees F

whoatah

Model Number
KRFC704FPS01
Brand
KitchenAid
Fridge that was purchased in 2019 has given me constant issues starting at around the beginning of this year with the refrigerator cabin not cooling properly. Everything is perfectly normal with the freezer portion. Had 3 techs come out (2 from KitchenAid) and they couldn't figure it out. They all did diagnostics and said everything was working properly but clearly it isn't because the fridge won't cool. What was noticed is that the evaporator coil has constant ice buildup on it. I have defrosted it 3-4 times. Each time the fridge starts cooling again and reaches 37 degrees F, but low and behold around a day later the fan will stop and the fridge will return back to 45-50 F with the top of the cabin reaching 55-60 F. The last tech hasn't pinpointed the exact issue but has given a couple options (Replace Evap cover, and replace control board). Reading through these threads and at the same time the tech not being able to figure it out has me worried that if I do go ahead with these costly repairs, and the fridge still not cooling that I'll have to look for further repairs.

Are there any common issues with this model or similar models that I should be looking at that the tech may have not looked at. Any help would be much appreciated!

Last edited: