• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KRFC704FSS01 KitchenAid Refrigerator Won't cool

goinlo

Premium Member
Model Number
KRFC704FSS01
Brand
KitchenAid
I have had the factory technician out 3 times for a non cooling refrigerator compartment. The bottom freezer section has and continues to work fine. We initially replaced the thermistor after there was ice build up in the back of the refrigerator cabinet. That worked fine for about 2 weeks and iced up again. We then replaced the control panel W11450890 and have made it less than 2 weeks with low to no cooling again. I don't have ice present this time though.

The temperature inside the fridge seems to fluctuate quite a bit over the set point of 37*, it has now reached over 50*. It will occasionally get down into the mid 40's but not back near the set point of 37*.

I cannot get a tech out for 2 weeks so I am looking for possible solutions to try myself. I appreciate any direction anyone will provide.

Thanks

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

goinlo

Premium Member
After removing the back cover, it is all frozen again.

To recap the thermistor and control panel have been replaced. I am thawing the unit out since I cant get service for 2 weeks.

What is the next logical step?

IMG_1106.jpg

goinlo

Premium Member
@rickgburton... I appreciate your help, but I dont have a multimeter or really know how to use one. I will continue to google and see if I can find some better drawings of where the defrost heater is.

Either way I will point the technician to your suggestion when they come out.