• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KRFF302EBS00 Strange burp noise from KitchenAid frig. Recordings attached.

grubbyfingers

Premium Member
Model Number
KRFF302EBS00
Brand
KitchenAid
After about 3 years the frig started making a short burst of noise once near the beginning of each cycle.

I have attached 2 recordings of the noise. The recorder was placed in the refrigerator near the damper control as I thought that might be the source of the noise, but the noise seems to occur several seconds after the damper has stopped moving.

The first recording is a loop playing the same noise over, 4 times in a row.
The second recording is a recording of the start of a cycle. First the damper door exercises itself, then about 5 seconds of silent and then the mystery burp!

The burp noise is just as loud inside the frig as outside the frig. The damper motor is not heard outside the frig.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It sounds like your air damper motor is broken/stripped and making that noise.

Here's the air damper assembly for your model you can order:
WPW10594329 Control

Watch this video to replace it:

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

grubbyfingers

Premium Member
I have watched the air damper go through it's routine from full closed to full open and back again, and it doesn't make the noise then. I have never been able to watch the damper while the noise occurs as it only happens a few times a day.

I will try to catch it in action.

I have also put the recorder in the (bottom) freezer compartment and the noise is audible down there too, but the noise of the normal damper movement is not.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, yes its very important to pinpoint that noise, to me it sounds like the damper going bad.

Jake