• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KRFF507ESS Ceiling lights out, the rest stay on

corywingerter

Premium Member
Model Number
KRFF507ESS
Brand
KitchenAid
Hi all, this is for my Kitchenaid KRFF507ESS. It's 2.5 years old.

There are 5 "ceiling" lights in my KRFF507ESS. A few weeks ago 2 turn off (the front two) and the other 3 were flickering. As of today they're all off. No other issues with the fridge anywhere (lights or termp). Any ideas or any other questions I can answer?

Pic below to show the lights off and the side lights on.

THan

IMG_20200222_153059.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

The LED light modules run in series, so you will need to replace the top ones, they come in a set and then they all will work again.

Here's the three in a set you can order:

Here's the same three in a set you can see the photo of them, but they are currently out of stock at RepairClinic:
LED Light W11205082

There is a video when you click them at RepairClinic that shows you how to replace them.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

corywingerter

Premium Member
Thanks for the response! Do I need to order 5 total or once I fix the right 3 will the left 2 come on?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Just the link I posted above that come with the three in one set, then the other 2 will work again too.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good, yes keep us posted.:)

Jake

corywingerter

Premium Member
No dice. Lights flickering now except for the 4th one which just is off. Do I try to replace those too?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Interesting, those 3 you replaced are coming on now, yes you will need to order the other 2 on left side now, but I would just order 1 which is the one that is just OFF, that seems to be the one 1st in series.

Here's the left side top ones:
LED Light W10908166

Jake

corywingerter

Premium Member
If they're running in series why would the first ones flicker? Shouldn't they be fine or will one of the 4th/5th somehow cause upstream issues? Trying to figure out all possible issues here. Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Because the LED that is OFF is the first one in series and that affects the others downstream, so just order and replace that one that is OFF, and the rest will work fine.:)

Jake

corywingerter

Premium Member
Hey Jake, I've only found videos on how to remove the reservoir side of the lights. Do you have a suggested video on how to change the lights on the side with the ice maker? Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, this video will show you how to get access to them, then they should come out the same as the reservoir side LED's.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

corywingerter

Premium Member
Lights are on!

For anyone else coming here, you do not need to take out the ice maker in order to get to that light. Follow this video and just pop it out. Beware, they DO NOT come out easily. Thanks for all the help!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Cory, glad to hear that left side top LED module fixed it. (y)

Thanks for the update!

But didn't you need to drop down the ice maker compartment in the ceiling to replace it?

That's the reason I posted that video above, just to show how it drops down, not to remove the ice maker to replace that left side top LED.:)

Jake

corywingerter

Premium Member
Ahhh I see the confusion. I didn't need to replace the ice maker, I just thought I needed to know how to drop it down to get to that light module. I thought the left side was similar to the right side but in reality since it was one light I could just pop it out and not take down the entire part. It was confusing the way I typed it.

Thanks again!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Cory, I see what your saying now, you didn't need to drop it down to replace that one LED Module, you just took it out as per the video with the overheard still in place.

LOL, my bad, my mind has been on overdrive since we've been swamped with so much traffic from Covid-19.

Jake