FIXED KRFF507ESS00 Defrosting issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surf579

Premium Member
Just saw your reply first due. Thanks for getting back. Is here anyway you can show me what you did to relocate it. Like a before a after drawing on one of those pics you posted Thanks for listening

FirstDue

Premium Member
Surf,

Please excuse the hasty pic edit. Unclip the sensor that is circled, and reattach it somewhere close to where the arrow points. Worked for me!
image1.jpg

Surf579

Premium Member
Thanks First due. I will try it just as soon as I’m able to. Is the two pipe line there , a inner and outer or just looks like it. I’ll just follow the same line down and clip Really hope it works. Have problems with this thing all the time Ice works when it wants to and the draw buttons now went out last time changinging the evap. At least I got luck. NO LUCK , with this fridge ,LOL. Thanks First due

Surf579

Premium Member
When you took off that cover for fan did you have to remove the snap on vent and top or did you just take cover off Because I’m took everything off the over times. It seems to be risky with just cover Iits seems to be tight around the bottom of vent where it connects Affraid of cracking the cover

Surf579

Premium Member
Got to wait 2 weeks till I can call a guy to service it. If it gets done I will let you know but I hope somebody post something before . sucks keeping on thoring out every few days ok thanks for the reply firstdue

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Surf579, Sometimes too many people piggybacking on one thread can make things confusing. Start from the beginning with the problem and model number if it's not exactly the same as the original poster. Also what you've done so far.

Surf579

Premium Member
Hey Rick. Happy New Year. Yes I looked from the beginning like you said I tried the movement of the censor and the fan m the problem is the same as newby77 and firstdue but first tried the same and I think he replaced the board and nothing. Newby77 hasn’t said when he moved the censor if his is working still,or did he get fixed by doing something else . I been searching for others but I haven’t seen but will look , so happy New Year. Thanks for reply

Surf579

Premium Member
yes but they don’t have to be the same model to be the same fridge Other company’s slap there names on the same ones believe you told me that a while ago

rickgburton

Staff member
yes but they don’t have to be the same model to be the same fridge ...
AH, but they do. The wiring diagram can be completely different between two machines that look the same. That's why we go by model number. Go into service diagnostics mode and run service tests #6 and #7. Post the results here.

Surf579

Premium Member
Rick sorry I took so long to get back , I don’t have a tec sheet for my fridge. I looked under hinge cover and the bottom grill Plus the board that has the sw1 sw2 and so on where is that located because I looked on the curcit board on back of fridge and don’t see ,I have a file you sent me a while ago with everything on a few fridges that are like mine Kemore but when it gets to the diagnostic and that it said to also refer to tec sheet LOL. Any ideas where that is so I can run them test

rickgburton

Staff member
KRFF707 Tech Sheet

On the french door models it should be under the top right hinge cover. I have a tech sheet for a similar model (KRFF707). The test numbers are the same but entering the service mode might be different.
Tech Sheet Locations.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Surf579

Premium Member
Yea when there delivered the fridge they had the doors off so they might of took it with them I’ll look at the one you posted. But it is the board that is suppose to have the sw buttons witch board is it and where. Because I looked in the back of fridge behind the panel and did not see any button with sw1sw2and so on.

Surf579

Premium Member
Rick what does it mean when it says the fridge has to be in lockout before you enter diagnostics

rickgburton

Staff member
NOTE: Refrigerator must not be in lockout mode prior to entering Service Diagnostic Mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.