• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KRFF507ESS01 Kitchen Aid fridge was making loud noise, now stopped

FritoKid

Premium Member
Model Number
KRFF507ESS01
Brand
KitchenAid
My just over one year old Kitchen Aid refrigerator started making an intermittent loud noise last week. It lasted just a couple of minutes up to 20 minutes at a time. Sometimes it happened often, other times it would be a two or three hours in between, sometimes it was louder, other times not quite as loud. I made an appointment to get it fixed but I had to postpone it when I couldn't get off work to be at the house. I now have an appointment for Tuesday, but the noise has stopped. I would say that the noise was happening on and off for about a week, and now has been quiet for two days. Should I cancel? Should I be worried?

Here's a link to a video with the noise:
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-C6vSC9V/0/ce5f5f31/1920/i-C6vSC9V-1920.mp4

Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

You have several parts that noise could be coming from: evaporator fan motor, ice box fan motor, damper, water inlet valve.

Here's the parts diagram for your model: Parts for KitchenAid KRFF507ESS01: Refrigerator Liner Parts

Does it make ice well? When that noise happens turn the ice maker off and see if it stops.

Yes, keep the service call, and let the tech. hear that same recording you posted here.

Jake

FritoKid

Premium Member
Yes, the ice maker is working fine. I'll see what they say tomorrow. Thanks for your reply!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good, yes let us know, I'm very curious too.

Jake

bdeep

same problem - HELP

My just over one year old Kitchen Aid refrigerator started making an intermittent loud noise last week. It lasted just a couple of minutes up to 20 minutes at a time. Sometimes it happened often, other times it would be a two or three hours in between, sometimes it was louder, other times not quite as loud. I made an appointment to get it fixed but I had to postpone it when I couldn't get off work to be at the house. I now have an appointment for Tuesday, but the noise has stopped. I would say that the noise was happening on and off for about a week, and now has been quiet for two days. Should I cancel? Should I be worried?

Here's a link to a video with the noise:
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-C6vSC9V/0/ce5f5f31/1920/i-C6vSC9V-1920.mp4

Thanks!
Hi - not sure if you will get this or not, but wondering if you could share what the issue was ? We have a less than 3 month old, same fridge basically, same Horrible sound ! Also don't think the fridge is cooling either. Called Whirlpool this morning and they said they can't get someone here till Friday. I can't even explain how FURIOUS i am right now. Any help or insight would be appreciated ! Thx !

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I forgot about this thread.

Yes, I sure hope FritoKid comes back to give us the update.

Jake