• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KRFF507HPS00 KitchenAid Refrigerator flickering lights

dorkshoei

Premium Member
Model Number
KRFF507HPS00
Brand
KitchenAid
KRFF507HPS00. Purchased 1/15/2019. I suspect this failure is under the 1yr portion of the KitchenAid warranty.

We paid using our VISA so we get that doubled so I'll probably just call a repair man but I thought I'd check first how complex the repair is likely to be.

Refrigerator:

Top. Rearmost of the two left side W10908166 is barely visible and flickering. Other W10908166 is normal illumination but flickering. All 3 comprising the W11205082 are normal illumination but flickering. I can hear a buzzing/shorting noise from somewhere.

Side: 4 side mounted lights, 2 each side are OK, no flickering.

Freezer: Single LED W11205083 is normal illumination but flickering.

1. Read that these are in series, perhaps with the freezer first? I assume removing one will turn off remainder then? Can you bridge the connector of any you remove to verify rest of series? Also read it could be the control module. I have a multimeter (oscilloscope also ;-)

2. Can you remove the bezels and swap light assemblies (assuming of course you don't break one removing)? I'm seeing the single white bezel W11205083 for a lot less than the silver bezel W10908166. The triple unit is also cheaper the single silver which is bizarre.

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

dorkshoei

Premium Member
I just opened the fridge and all 5 upper refrigerator lights had gone dim (same as just the back left one was yesterday. first post above). I'd changed nothing.

I did as you suggest (they are not easy to remove) and swapped the two left side top ones, made no difference.

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, that means you need to order and replace that LED then the reset will work fine.

Jake