• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KRFF507HPS00 KitchenAid Refrigerator - ice maker issues

ChampsMOM

Premium Member
Model Number
KRFF507HPS00
Brand
KitchenAid
Hi! Big fan of this board, as it's help me troubleshoot before. But having a new issue with my ice maker for the kitchenaid KRFF507HPS00! I have run every diagnostic test and can't seem to find the problem. The ice maker will fill with water when I run the test, it will freeze, and then it will harvest when I run that test.

However, when I'm not running the diagnostic tests, it won't fill with water OR harvest on it's own! I've tried doing a reset (unplugged refrigerator for 5 mins) but that hasn't fixed the issue. Please let me know if there is something I'm missing or if I need to replace a part. This is driving me nuts! THANKS

ChampsMOM

Premium Member
Update: I tried Service Test - 15: Ice Level Sensor and it came back full. which it wasn't! Can you please let me know where the ice bin sensor is located and if I can reset it?
thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Here's our main thread on the receiver and emitter boards for the ice level sensor:

Then you can see the emitter board was the fix in post #18 here:
I called in the service man and had him fix that (BI-METAL ASSEMBLY WPW10514110) as well as the ice level sensor problem.

He ordered both the receiver (W10898445) (just in case) and the emitter (W10870822), and I lucked out as the emitter was all I needed for the ice level sensor issue. Problem solved and it made ice like crazy for a month.

Your model uses that exact same emitter board: W10870822

When you click the part link to the emitter board, you will see a video of how to access it.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.