• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KRFF707ESS01 kitchen aid refrigerator - freezer ice build up

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxoneill

Premium Member
Model Number
KRFF707ESS01
Brand
KitchenAid
I have a Kitchen Aid Model KRFF707ESS01 that the freezer evaporator coils were freezing up on a monthly basis. For approximately six months I attempted to trouble shoot the problem as I defrosted the unit. I read through and attempted to do the service bulletins for the model # and the specific problem. However I noticed that the photographs provided in the service bulletin did not match my specific unit. In fact there was a a thermostat located on the right side of the freezer evaporator coil that was not shown on the model's schematic or in the technical service bulletin photographs. My unit serial number is high (K829....)

By doing the on-door diagnostics, selection #6 (Defrost Heater Bimetal), I leaned that my bi-metal switch (thermostat) was in operative. It was consistently showing code 2 (open). Therefore the heater was never turning on and required the freezer to be manual defrosted once a month. I replaced the thermostat ($45) for the model and serial number and have not had to defrost the freezer since. I hope this helps somebody.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Good job fixing yours, but on your model the defrost thermostat only comes with the evaporator fan motor assembly.

Here's the defrost thermostat and evaporator(freezer) fan motor for your model you can order:
W11032800 Motor-Evap

So we need to know what part number you replaced just the defrost thermostat with? So others can save some money and do the same.:)

Jake

dxoneill

Premium Member
Jake

I hope this helps. Part# WPW10165425. Photo attached

Attachments

• wpw10165425-ap6016065_01_l.jpg
    wpw10165425-ap6016065_01_l.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 17

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member