• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KRMF706EBS01 | 3 yrs old | Fridge turns off but control panel is still on

ineedkitchenaid

Premium Member
Model Number
KRMF706EBS01
Brand
KitchenAid
Hello,

We have a 3 year old KitchenAid fridge.

Issue:
Just recently, it started turning off to where when we open the doors, there are no lights and there is no hum in the back from the compressor.
The control panel still works with lights and beeps and we can scroll through the different menu settings.
Water does not work either.

Fix:
To get the fridge to turn back on, I have to unplug it, wait a few seconds and then plug it back in. The fridge will say Power Failure, and I have to confirm it. Usually, I have to do this twice in a row and it will start back up with everything working again (I can hear the compressor starting up, the water works and all the lights turn on when opening doors)

Troubleshooting:
We replaced the outlet and receptacle thinking it couldn't have been faulty. The issue still happens. It's intermittent - so sometimes it will happen twice in a day or sometimes twice in a week - with no real pattern.

Any help is very appreciated as my wife has dozens of ounces of breast milk for our weaned son and it's the only irreplaceable item in the freezer!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

The problem is the main control board. Its located in the back of your refrigerator. Make sure you unplug your refrigerator before replacing it.:)

Here's the main control board for your model you can order:
WPW10675033 Cntrl-Elec

This video shows you how to replace it:

Jake