• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KRMF706EBS01 Kitchenaid 5 door Refrigerator - Freon leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

mio2mio

Premium Member
Model Number
KRMF706EBS01
Brand
KitchenAid
Hey Folks looking for your advise. While troubleshooting KRMF706EBS01 Kitchenaid 5 door Freon leak I assume the leak coming from door heater that behind a metal plate between vegetable compartment and freezer. When I pressurize the system with nitrogen I can feel and hear it. Try to remove it but no luck. Any idea on how to remove the metal plate to get access to the pipe on behind it. Thank you.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You can't.

You'd need a Yoder Loop and they can't be replaced once they are installed from the factory.

Are you a appliance tech In Canada?

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You can't braze it, its located inside the cabinet. No way to access it.

You'd have to just bypass it, but then it may form condensation on the cabinet with no heat from the Yoder Loop.

Jake

mio2mio

Premium Member
Understood. Can you please let me know how to bypass it. So you have a pipe diagram to share with me. Thank you

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Doing sealed system work is very unique craft that you need to be trained in with lots of hands on experience.

We don't teach this here, there are paid TECH websites that will.

We are a very basic appliance repair help site here, just teaching common Do-it-yourselfers the most common repairs on appliances.

Doing sealed system work requires you to have a turbo torch, acetylene for the torch, knowledge of how to use and weld with a turbo torch, also having a vacuum pump, and the proper amount of R-134a to use, changing the Filter Drier as well, solder, flux, silfloss, sandpaper, etc.

You need to be a certified Type 1 40 CFR part 82, subpart F. AHAM-NARDA Refrigerant Tech. to change Compressors or do any sealed system work involving Freon(Refrigerant Gas). I got certified on 11-17-1994 when i worked for Montgomery Ward Service Dept.

I'm closing this thread.

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.