• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KRMF706ESS Kitchenaid 5 door refrigerator leaking on floor

OwenNoS

Premium Member
Model Number
KRMF706ESS
Brand
KitchenAid
We got a super deal on a KRMF706ESS kitchen aid 5 door fridge - its been 8 months and now it's leaking on the floor - the Manual I found for this model does not mention a drain hole but other manuals of other models do....When I pull out the drawer below the main french door, take out bin etc, there is water pooled there...on some manuals, they refer to a 'tool' to clean out the drain... I am wondering if this is a similar problem as others blocked condenser drains and if so do I need to remove both drawers and remove the condenser panel cover and clean it and possibly heat gun to de-ice or take apart the backside of the fridge to see if there is a quack, quackie 'duck bill' that is blocked?

A service manual I found had awesome ladder charts of electronics but no physical troubleshooting or physical dismemberment images to show a condenser drain hole jam.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Is the water in the freezer compartment or the refrigerator compartment? In the fresh food compartment the drain pan is on the bottom of the evaporator compartment

OwenNoS

Premium Member
AH! The puddle is in the fresh food drawer. hmmmm so according to that illustration I can pop off the Drain Pan and relieve the drain....I'll report back
ThanK YoU

jpguse

Having same issue with ice/water in left drawer. Any update on if this worked or what i'm looking for exactly? Any help would be appreciated.

crunchyice

Premium Member
It did not but something else did. In May I melted all the ice and dried it up. A few weeks later water started to puddle under the drawers again.

I tried again, pouring water, and finally hot water, down that drain hole but it didn't clear things up.

Instead I removed the back bottom panel of the fridge and removed the strangely shaped S tube through which water drains into the pan for evaporation. Inside it I found it was clogged so I ran some water and vinegar down it over the sink. I also blew hard through it and some gunk sprayed out. That fixed it.