• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KRMF706ESS01 Kitchen aid refrigerator Water Dispenser works in DIAGNOSTIC mode testing only

ed_texan

Premium Member
Model Number
KRMF706ESS01
Brand
KitchenAid
Power outage occurred in my neighborhood due to storm. P.F. indicated on front control panel.
1. Checked operation….freezer cold working. Refrigerator cool inside.
2. Checked water dispenser—did not work. Ice dispenser and everything else works.
3. Diagnostic testing. Ran test 46 for water dispenser. WORKS as expected and dispenses water. Will NOT dispense water in normal operation/mode.

Initially thought water reservoir frozen, but running diagnostic disproved that. Reset power to refrigerator hoping a simple reset would allow unit to come back to normal status. NO JOY!

Before I open her up, any ideas?
Thanks in advance!!!

ed_texan

Premium Member
I do not have a schematic of the system yet, and I am not sure if the diagnostic test 46 bypasses the water reservoir and filter. Lastly, I replaced/reset the filter counter and no clog at filter.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below.

All it says is: Service Test - 46 Water dispensing Test--->Displays the status of the water dispense valve. Press the water pad to initiate a water dispense. (00 = Water Dispense Valve Off, 01 = Water Dispense Valve On).

So in that test it shows 01 = Water Dispense Valve On when you press the water pad and water does flow out the water dispenser?

Usually if the TEST 46 works in diagnostic mode, but not regular mode then problem is the control board:

Jake

Attachments

• W10844356-RevA.pdf
    516.1 KB · Views: 43

ed_texan

Premium Member
Thanks Jake. Yes, test 46 does exactly as you stated, and the indications 00 or 01 do change as I activate and release the dispenser control.
I guess my question now is the control board is used in both normal and diagnostic operations, correct?
Either way, I gotta open it up and check it out. Now I guess I will try and locate this board!!!
Regards,

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I guess my question now is the control board is used in both normal and diagnostic operations, correct?
Yes it is.

Now I guess I will try and locate this board!!!
Pull the refrigerator out from the wall, then you will see a cover on the back exterior wall, underneath that cover are the control boards, the MIDDLE(LARGER) one is the main control board.

control boards (1).jpg

Jake

mojo

Thanks Jake. Yes, test 46 does exactly as you stated, and the indications 00 or 01 do change as I activate and release the dispenser control.
Either way, I gotta open it up and check it out. Now I guess I will try and locate this board!!!
Regards,
We are having the same issue. Did a new control board work? This fridge has been nothing but trouble!