• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KRMF706ESS01 KitchenAid 5 Door Items in fridge and drawer are freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkuypers

Premium Member
Model Number
KRMF706ESS01
Brand
KitchenAid
Have read through some previous posts but haven’t found the same question or issue as I’m having. My fridge and produce drawer are freezing items in them. I have already changed the damper control and thought the issue was fixed but after a week or so the issue seems to have returned. When searching this issue most online parts places suggest changing the damper control and/or Thermistors on EVAP line and produce drawer. When tested both these thermistors seem to test fine, so I’m a bit confused and hope someone on this forum can help. Thanks in advance.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
There is a service bulletin for this model if your refrigerator serial number is between: K212 to K704

What is the serial number of your refrigerator?

It says this:
Possible Concern: It is possible that consumers may experience frost, or hard ice, forming on the front area of the Refrigerator compartment.
Correction:
This concern could have various different causes each requiring a unique correction. Potential causes to investigate include:
--->The Refrigerator doors do not close correctly, causing excessive warm air to flow through the evaporator.
--->The door gasket, for various reasons, is not sealing properly.
--->The refrigerator section Defrost Thermistor may need to be optimized.

Jake

Attachments

• Service Pointer -RefrigEvapThermistor W11092686 - Rev A.pdf
    695.5 KB · Views: 79

gkuypers

Premium Member
Jake thanks for the response. The serial number is K71605905 and the defrost thermistor is in the correct optimized location on the EVAP tube. I've also double checked both doors sealing and they seem to seal properly. As mentioned this fridge has run without issue (purchased 3/11/2017) until a few weeks ago when items started freezing inside the fridge and adjustable setting drawer (not exactly sure what this drawer is called?)..

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Is the FRESH FOOD EVAPORATOR FAN MOTOR running?

You will need to access that fan motor and see if it is. Rick explains how to test it here:

They made a video of how to access that fan motor now. Click the link to the fan motor below and you will see a video of HOW TO access it.

Here's the FRESH FOOD EVAPORATOR FAN MOTOR for your model:
Evaporator Fan Motor W11087438

Jake

gkuypers

Premium Member
First thanks Jake for your help and just a brief update.. I ended up changing the Damper Control, the EVAP Fan Motor Assembly (includes thermistors) and Pantry drawer thermistor. 1st change was Damper Control and this did not fix the issue. Then changed the EVAP Fan Motor Assembly and pantry drawer thermistor and one or both of these seems to have fixed my issue.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear that.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Here's the pantry thermistor in case others need it too:

Here's the video:

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.