• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KRMF706ESS01 KitchenAid Refrigerator - Ice Dispenser Dripping Water

Status
Not open for further replies.

SK_Spartan0730

Premium Member
Model Number
KRMF706ESS01
Brand
KitchenAid
About 2 weeks ago now, when we opened the left door (which has the ice bin in the door), there was water dripping out of the ice maker - and water/condensation was around the door to the ice maker. Keep in mind the ice maker is a concealed unit. By morning, no new ice had been dumped and the existing ice had melted (water all over floor, having dripped down through dispenser hole on the outside of the door). Removed water filter (as I read that could be an issue) - left it out for 2-3 days and BOOM - plenty of ice (just unfiltered). Purchased new water filter and after a week - it's started to show signs of water around the ice maker door and water is on the interior of the frig. So far, ice is still being made, but we are cleaning up the water leaking/dripping from the ice maker frequently. Temps are all good. Frig working otherwise. Wondering if it could be issue with filter line? Seal on left door? Seal around the ice box? Any help/guidance here is appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It sounds like the water filter housing is the problem causing the leak. When you click the water filter housing part link below, you will see a video on how to access it to see if its leaking.

Here's the water filter housing for your model:
Water Filter Housing W11194438

Jake

SK_Spartan0730

Premium Member
Thanks. I will give it a shot.
I did notice it stopped making ice yesterday and the minute we removed the filter, it started cranking out ice again. Would assume it has something to do with filter mechanisms and not seals or gaskets. Would the housing potentially cause this? Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, that's exactly what it sounds like the problem is, the filter housing.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good, keep us posted.

Jake

SK_Spartan0730

Premium Member
Jake - replaced the item last night - made ice! However, woke up this morning to pool of water inside frig. It's actually leaking from the housing now (never leaked before). I'm wondering if the housing I got isn't good; so I'm returning to replace. I've attached pic of the new leak. I even changed the grey pipe locking mechanism from the old one. Curious to hear your thoughts. TIA

Attachments

• IMG_7679.jpg
    IMG_7679.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 67

SK_Spartan0730

Premium Member
Replaced the housing (again) - still leaking. I think it's a fault nipple on the end of the output tube. Any idea what the part number is for that? or does the entire line need to be replaced now?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Did you buy it from RepairClinic?

If the water line is pushed all the way in, then the fault is the new water filter housing. If you got it from RepairClinic, contact them and they will send another new one.

Jake

SK_Spartan0730

Premium Member
Yes. I already returned it. Installed new one. And it’s still leaking. I think the reservoir. Trying that next. Thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, then yes, Its possibly the water line from the water reservoir.

Here it is for your model(Video Included in part link):
W11168758 Reservoir

Jake

SK_Spartan0730

Premium Member
Thanks. Replaced it. Small leak when we went live. Seems ok now. Going to monitor rest of weekend. Thanks, Jake.... much appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.(y)

Jake

SK_Spartan0730

Premium Member
Jake - well - it's been about a month now and the refrigerator has now stopped making ice again. This time, took out the filter, waited 15 hours, and still no ice. My initial thought was ice maker has broke, however, now I'm wondering if there's either an electrical issue or the valve is somehow no longer good and temperamental. Any thoughts here? Again, replaced water filter housing and water reservoir in the last month (see previous tread). Now after about 3 weeks, ice maker has stopped working (although you can hear it trying). Appreciate it.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi, I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below.

Do these tests below in the diagnostics mode.

Service Test - 56 Ice Maker Error Codes
• Displays active Ice Maker Error Codes on the UI display. (E0 = No Errors, E1 = No Cooling, E2 = Motor Lost Position, E3 = Heater Timeout, E4 = Dry Cycle, E5 = Timed Ice Making).

Service Test - 45 Ice Maker Water Fill Test
NOTE: BEFORE INITIATION THIS TEST, GO TO STEP 57, INITIATE ICE MAKER HARVEST TO INSURE ALL ICE IS EJECTED FROM MOLD BEFORE FILLING.
• After an initial 3 second delay, displays the Ice Maker water fill stat on the UI display. Press SW3 to start a water fill. Pressing SW3 will toggle between ON and PAUSE. (02 = Off, 03 = On, 04 + Paused).

Service Test - 57 Ice Maker Harvest
• Press SW3 to activate a Harvest sequence. Digit 1 displays the state of the sequence. Digit 2 displays the outcome of the sequence. Once initiated, the sequence cannot be exited.
Digit 1 0 = Heater and Motor OFF, 1 = IM Heater ON, 2 = Motor Rotating CW until it finds home position.
Digit 2 0 = In Progress, 1 = Harvesting Completed, 2 = Harvesting not completed, Doors must be closed.
NOTE: Harvesting Not Completed does not exit the step, but indicates the timeout of 70 seconds has passed.

Here's the ice maker for your model: W11294907 Icemaker

Jake

Attachments

• Tech Sheet - W10844356 - Rev A.pdf
    514 KB · Views: 102

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Look in the tech data sheet, I uploaded it in post #15.:)

Jake

SK_Spartan0730

Premium Member
thanks Jake.

I ran 56 and an E2 code showed on the display.
then ran 57 and 45 (think I did it correctly) heard it try to harvest as well as fill.
I have exited out of the diagnostic.
thoughts on next step?

SK_Spartan0730

Premium Member
Jake - got up this morning to a FULL dispenser of ice! All I did was run the diagnostics you laid out (even managed to over fill ice maker; opened door and water every where). Cleaned it up - then up this morning and there was plenty of ice. I'm perplexed.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent.(y)

That is quite interesting how it started working after you ran the diagnostics.

As long as its working, then your good to go.:)

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.