• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KRMF706ESS01 KitchenAid Refrigerator Ice maker not working

dvlc84

Premium Member
Model Number
KRMF706ESS01
Brand
KitchenAid
I recently moved to a house that has this fridge and honestly I have been keeping an eye on this fridge for a while because I love how it looks overall, but I never ended buying so I though how lucky I was of move to a house with one on it.

Well its been two weeks and I ended finding several issues with it. With the help of another post I established that the pantry UI was driving the lights and doors switches crazy and I thought the lack of ice was also part of it. As recommended in that post (thanks Jake) I disconnected the bad UI a couple of days ago and at least the lights, water and sensors are working fine, I waited 24 hours looking for some ice but......

The ice maker hasn't produce a single block. I already checked the ice maker switch to be on internally and it is, the water pressure seems good when taking water out of it, the freezer drawer is cold, not sure about the ice maker itself. Anyways, I read a few posts here and did the service diagnosis, founding the following:

TEST 45. I heard what I think was the valve opening and some water drops into the ice maker. Not sure if the ice valve noise was normal though, but feeling some water was a "relief".
TEST 56. E2 Motor lost position.
TEST 57. 02 Harvesting not completed
TEST 59. 02 Harvesting not completed

I will appreciate any help troubleshooting this issue. As you can imagine moving to a house brings a lot of to do things and adding a partially working fridge doesn't help a lot.

Thanks

Daniel

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Daniel,

Normal temperature would be 0 to 10 degrees in the ice maker compartment(use a freezer thermometer to verify that), if its a constant 0 to 10 degrees in the ice maker compartment and your ice maker is not making ice and with the E2 error code as well, then you would need to replace the ice maker to fix it.

Here's the ice maker for your model you can order: W11294907 Icemaker

This video shows you how to access/replace it:

Jake

dvlc84

Premium Member
Thanks Jake I will check into replacing it then. Out of curiosity what does the harvesting not completed mean? Also is it worth doing some voltage checks or anything before changing the ice maker or with the E2 there is no other option.

Thanks in advance

Daniel

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Daniel,

Did you have the doors closed when you ran those tests?

If you get TEST 56. E2 Motor lost position, that means the motor can't turn to harvest the ice maker, thus you get "Harvesting not completed" for TEST 57 and TEST 59.

Jake