• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KRMF706ESS01 KitchenAid Refrigerator Keeps Resetting with PO Error Code power outage

MatthewVick

Premium Member
Model Number
KRMF706ESS01
Brand
KitchenAid
Got a 2 year old Kitchenaid KRMF706ESS01 that keeps resetting every 5-10 minutes with the code PO on the screen. I've researched the issue and replaced the main control board, power board and the user interface. None of which fixed the issue, can anyone offer any insight as to why my $3,000 refrigerator is no longer working?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
......keeps resetting every 5-10 minutes with the code PO on the screen.
Does everything shut off when it resets (lights, compressor, fans)

MatthewVick

Premium Member
Everything shuts off, upon disassembling my entire freezer I learned the drain tube was frozen. Which in turn caused ice to build up and burn the evaporator fan motor up and cause the evaporator fan in the refrigerator part to not get proper air flow. Thawed the drain tube, thawed both sets of coils and all is well. New fan motor is on the way! This has been a long journey to get to this point!

mrbottomwood

Premium Member
Everything shuts off, upon disassembling my entire freezer I learned the drain tube was frozen. Which in turn caused ice to build up and burn the evaporator fan motor up and cause the evaporator fan in the refrigerator part to not get proper air flow. Thawed the drain tube, thawed both sets of coils and all is well. New fan motor is on the way! This has been a long journey to get to this point!

I'm having the same exact issues.
Everything I've been reading everywhere points to the evaporator fan motor.
@MatthewVick, which of the evaporator part did you replace? was it the RC evaporator fan motor or the FC evaporator fan motor?

I've been at this for 4 days now. I've replaced the Mainboard, did not fix my issue. I've replaced the power supply board too, did not fix the issue.
Majorly everyone I've read from, on here and other appliance forums points, says the evaporator fan motor was what fixed their issue.
It's what I want to try next.

so which should I get? The freezer fan motor or the the refrigerator's? And what is the part #?

NOTE: It's a kitchenaid KRMF706ESS01
I have some cooling in the refrigerator part but absolutely no cooling from the freezer.
No lights inside both compartments.

Thanks yall.

onehighlander

I'm having the same exact issues.
Everything I've been reading everywhere points to the evaporator fan motor.
@MatthewVick, which of the evaporator part did you replace? was it the RC evaporator fan motor or the FC evaporator fan motor?

I've been at this for 4 days now. I've replaced the Mainboard, did not fix my issue. I've replaced the power supply board too, did not fix the issue.
Majorly everyone I've read from, on here and other appliance forums points, says the evaporator fan motor was what fixed their issue.
It's what I want to try next.

I too am in the same boat. I’m very happy that I found a similar thread to this one, and the user suggested going through the service tests to see which one causes a reset.

I’m curious, did you replace both fans? Or did you choose one and get lucky?

Thanks!