• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KRMF706ESS01 KitchenAid Refrigerator top lights out

ToddD89

Premium Member
Model Number
KRMF706ESS01
Brand
KitchenAid
Hello. Refrigerator is right at 2 years old. Last week all 5 LED's in the ceiling of the refrigerator went out. All others are still lit fully bright. Any recommendations on what to look for? Could it be one bad LED fixture? Assume it isn't a module since the other LED's are still lit. Thanks in advance.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Todd,

Ok, on your model the freezer LED module controls the top refrigerator LED modules, they are in series.

Open the freezer door and see if the freezer LED light comes on, if not you will need to replace the freezer LED module and the rest of the top refrigerator LED lights will start working as well.

Here's the freezer LED module for your model you can order:
W10695459 Module

This video gives you the general idea of how to replace it:

Let us know.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Your welcome Todd.

Did the freezer LED light come on when you opened the freezer door?

Jake

ToddD89

Premium Member
Not at home yet to confirm, but pretty sure it does not. So it should just be replacing that light, right? Will check tonight.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, if that freezer LED light does not come on, then replacing that one will make them all work again.:)

Jake

So I have the same exact problem yet with a Whirlpool WRF767SDHZ00.

I saw the other posts and then came across this one. (The others are closed).

My freezer light and the top three are out. So, bought the new board. Put it in the freezer and still the same problem. So, either my replacement part was bad......or I have something else going on. Any suggestions? I thought I about just ordering another replacement but thought I would ask first.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, one way to find out is to jump the TWO wires that connect to the FREEZER LED and see if the top 3 in the refrigerator section come on again, if so, then we definitely know that FREEER LED is bad that you got.

Your model uses the exact same FREEZER LED:
W10695459 Module

A jumper needs to be placed across the 2 connection points on the potentially failed LED module. See Figure 3. The refrigerator must then be plugged back in to identify if the jumper makes the remaining lights come back on. If it does, then that would indicate the LED has failed and would need to be replaced, otherwise you will need to repeat the process for each potentially failed LED module.

Hardwired.jpg

Let us know what happens.

Jake