• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KRMF706ESS01 KitchenAid Refrigerator - Water Dispenser Not Working

mmaloneyx2

Model Number
KRMF706ESS01
Brand
KitchenAid
All,

I have an issue with my Kitchen Aid, French Door, 5 Door Refrigerator that I bought used. The main problem is that water is not dispensing. I have had this problem since day one. Later I had issues with lights and door display and found that it was a fault with the Pantry UI. After unplugging the pantry UI (with help from this forum) the lights and door display began working again.

However, all through this time I have had water dispenser issues. At first it did not work. Upon changing the filter it began to very slowly dispense water a day later. Upon trying to flush the filter with 2 gallons of water, the dispenser stopped working all together.

I have not tested any valves yet for voltage/ohms, but I suspect it to be W10865826 or WPW10341329 if a valve is at fault. Can anyone provide some insight here? There is no issues with water supply. Thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Did you first check your water pressure coming into your primary water inlet valve from you house water supply line?

I always pull the refrigerator out from the wall, then turn the water off, remove the water supply line, then get a bucket or container to catch water in to test the water pressure from the water supply line into a bucket, then turn the water supply line on, and it should have good water pressure force coming out in the bucket or container.

I'm attaching your tech. data sheet below. Look under CONTROL BOARD TROUBLESHOOTING then Enter SERVICE DIAGNOSTIC MODE.

Do--->Service Test - 46 Water dispensing Test
--->Displays the status of the water dispense valve. Press the water pad to initiate a water dispense. (00 = Water Dispense Valve Off, 01 = Water Dispense Valve On).

When the display says 01 water should be coming out of your water dispenser. You have 2 water inlet valves, one in the very back of the refrigerator called the primary(isolation) valve, then other one(secondary valve) is inside the refrigerator section.

Both the primary and secondary both should be getting 120 volts to supply water out of the water dispenser when you do Service Test 46.

Here's the primary(isolation) water inlet valve for your model:
Water Inlet Valve W10865826

Check for 120 volts at the GREEN solenoid on the secondary water inlet valve, in that water dispensing Service Test 46, make sure water is flowing through that one too.

Here's the secondary water inlet valve for your model:
Water Inlet Valve WPW10341329

Watch this video that shows you where its at:

Jake

Attachments

• W10844356-RevA.pdf
    516.1 KB · Views: 71