• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KRMF706ESS01 - No response - No power

ravinhuxley

Premium Member
Model Number
KRMF706ESS01
Brand
KitchenAid
Hi all. I have relatively new KRMF706ESS01 (2.5 years). It has had intermittent ice making issues and I have had to power cycle the unit before to get the ice maker going. 4 days ago it quit making ice completely, even with a power cycle. I decided I would remove the ice maker and let it rest overnight, thinking maybe it was frozen up. I unplugged the refrigerator, removed the ice maker, set it on the counter to 'thaw', and plugged the refrigerator back in to allow it to run. Everything seemed to be working ok, but I woke up this morning to a non-functional refrigerator. No lights, no fans, nothing. A power cycle and a power reset (1 hour unplugged) did not do anything. I reinstalled the ice maker and plugged everything back together, thinking maybe it was malfunctioning due to the ice maker being removed. Still no power.

I tested the power board per this post:

I am getting the following readings:

Power board:
P1:
1 2 3 4
1-2: 120VAC
3-4: 120VAC

P2:
X 7 6 5
4 3 2 1

5-1: Intermittent DC reading
6-2: Intermittent DC reading
7-3: Intermittent DC reading
7-4: Intermittent DC reading

Main board:
P1:
1 2 3 4

1-2: 120VAC

Would the intermittent DC reading shut the entire unit down? Is there something else I can test to determine if it is the Power Board or the Main Board?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'll see if Rick can assist you on this one, he did a great job on that other thread you posted the link to above.

Jake

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member