• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KRMF706ESS01 - Refrigerator not cooling, freezer ok

gerry_k

What a great resource this forum is. Thanks to the pros!! No nonsense, pragmatic advice.

Unit is 5 years old. Refrigerator section now runs at 45 to 50 degrees regardless of thermostat setting.

Service guy replaced evaporator fan ($300 installed). No change.

He claims he has checked the thermistor and now thinks it's the control board ($500 installed), but it seems like a guess.

My question: How do I go about isolating the problem before agreeing to the control board experiment?

Should I run ALL the diagnostics, recheck the thermistor, check all the fans?

Thanks

Gerry

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Gerry,

The first thing we check is to make sure the refrigerator evaporator fan motor is running, I know you said the tech replaced it already, so if its running--->Then check to make sure the evaporator thermistor is in the proper place per the service bulletin.

There is service bulletin on this problem. I'm attaching it below. Read page 2 and page 3 to make sure the evaporator thermistor is in the proper place.

Watch this video to get access to the refrigerator evaporator coil to make sure the evaporator fan motor is running and to make sure your evaporator thermistor is in the proper place.

Also, take a photo of your refrigerator evaporator coil so we can see the frost pattern on it.

Jake

Attachments

• service-pointer-w11092686-revg (1).pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 39