• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KRSC503ESS Ice maker or control panel

lonnyjg

Premium Member
Model Number
KRSC503ESS
Brand
KitchenAid
How do I know if the reason the Ice maker won't dump the ice that's in there and fill it again is because of the ice maker or the control panel.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Did you check the wires going into the freezer door yet for any cut wires? Lots of members have found frayed and broken wires causing the ice maker/and or auger motor to be dead. Remove your bottom kickplate grille, Remove the black wire harness loom too, broken wires can be underneath it.

Another member was having a similar problem here: FIXED: GSF26C4EXY02 Whirlpool Gold Ice Maker Problem Look at his post #6 he found frayed and broken wires underneath the freezer door, remove your kickplate and check for that first.

Here's another one with the same thing about the frayed and broken wires: FIXED: 106.51173310 Kenmore elite ice maker not working - no led light

Here's another: FIXED: Whirlpool WSF26C2EXF01 Door Icemaker Not Working

How do I know if the reason the Ice maker won't dump the ice that's in there and fill it again is because of the ice maker or the control panel.
If NO wires are cut, then you'd need to troubleshoot the problem.:)

Here's your ice maker tech data sheet that has troubleshooting in it: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cM55ONghMG_V99Hdd-ysfueTDjV9Uvsq

On page 6 Troubleshooting Paths---you will want to do Path 1 - If there is ice or water in the ice tray, proceed to Path 1.

Here's the ice maker for your model:
W10873791 Ice Maker

Let us know what you find.

Jake

lonnyjg

Premium Member
All the wiring appears to be intact. But the PDF is only 4 pages and you said the Troubleshooting Paths are on page 6! But yes, there is ice in the tray that hasn't tipped out.

Attachments

lonnyjg

Premium Member
Ok so out of the blue, about 4 hours after my last post, it started working! It dumped ice out and refilled. I have no idea why it might have done that. I wonder if it got cold enough again after I had it open for a while earlier in the day? But either way, thanks for your help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I see 17 pages in that pdf.:)

Path 1 starts on Page 8.

I meant the Paths directory on Page 6.

Glad to hear its working good again.:)

Jake