• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KRSC503ESS00 ice maker shutoff arm stuck in off position

Bourbaki

Premium Member
Model Number
KRSC503ESS00
Brand
KitchenAid
Hi all, first time post and not a tech at all. Just a small time General Contractor in California. I have found a couple threads here that have discussed broken wires at the bottom of the freezer door that have kept the ice makers from working. I am wondering if there might be something else I should consider for my issue. Not sure what the name of it is but for my ice maker assembly there is a white plastic arm that drops down to signal ice is needed and to open some circuit I guess. Currently the arm is in the up position which I assume is the stop making ice position. The arm will not drop down and I doubt trying hard to pull it down is a solution. Any ideas?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

This ice maker is different from the older ice makers with the metal bail arm. On those if the arm was UP, the ice maker would be OFF.

On this model you have a ON/OFF switch, remove the ice bucket and you will see it. Make sure its in the ON position.

Did you check the wires going into the freezer door yet for any cut wires?

Here's your ice maker tech data sheet that has troubleshooting in it: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cM55ONghMG_V99Hdd-ysfueTDjV9Uvsq

Here's the ice maker for your model:
W10873791 Ice Maker

Jake

Bourbaki

Premium Member
Thanks Jake, did check switch. It was ON. Did check wires at bottom of door, OK there to. Tried resetting back to factory settings and it now is working. :)

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to resetting it back to factory settings fixed it. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake