• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KRSF505ESS KitchenAid Refrigerator Worst design in the world

Tom4487

Model Number
KRSF505ESS
Brand
KitchenAid
Whoever designed the set up to have the freezer door harness located at the bottom of the door should design one more thing and quit. Flimsy wires in harness break from opening and closing door. Happened 2 years after I purchased the refrig. Called Kitchenaid and received no satisfaction whatsoever only response was to purchase a new door since there is no repair harness..cost $1100.00 (they must be nuts). Found numerous broken wires and attempted to repair. Got ice dispenser working but not ice maker. Any ideas? Appears I have repaired all broken wires. (last Kitchenaid I'll ever buy)

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
last Kitchenaid I'll ever buy

ALL manufacturers use a similar system depending on the design of the refrigerator. It is not just KitchenAid/Whirlpool.

If you don't want a chance of it occurring, buy a model without a dispenser or controls on the outside or icemaker in the door. Keep it simple...

Appears I have repaired all broken wires. (

It appears they're repaired or you actually checked?

It should be possible to test continuity of each wire from the bottom junction to the other end at the dispenser to see if there might still be a break in any of them. (You might need a second person to assist.) I don't know any other way to rule the wiring out.

There may be some tests to see exactly which functions are failing. Check the diagnostics tests listed in the unit's 'tech sheet'.

LINK > Service and Wiring Tech Sheet - W10751694 - Rev A (PDF)

Dan O.

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.