• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KSBP25IVSS KitchenAid Refrigerator - makes ice won't dispense thru door

Romofan

Premium Member
Model Number
KSBP25IVSS
Brand
KitchenAid
Hello-Hoping this is something I may be able to fix on my own. This freezer was dispensing perfectly ice and water thru the door. We had a multi day power outage (and did not empty the full ice bucket-mistakenly allowing it to gradually melt over the course of the outage). We did not notice any water on the floor of the kitchen or when the freezer door was opened.
Now water dispenses properly thru the door. The icemaker makes ice, the ice shoot opens and shuts. I do not hear the auger spinning when the ice dispenser sensor is depressed (although I feel like it was spinning noise when we initially tried after the power returned).
Can anyone reco

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Water probably dripped through the ice bucket and onto the motor and froze. There should be an access panel up under the ice bucket on the freezer door liner where you can access it and defrost it. Another thing to check is the wires where they go through the lower hinge. We have been seeing a lot of broken or pinched wires there.
refrigerator door hinge wires.jpg
refrigerator door wires broken.jpg
refrigerator door wires.jpg

Romofan

Premium Member
Thanks a lot Rick. I will try defrosting with a hairdryer. Should i be concerned for further problems resulting from defrosting? I just don't want to make anything worse.

rickgburton

Staff member
Should i be concerned for further problems resulting from defrosting?
Depends on if there's an access panel or if you need to go through the dispenser. Check if there an access panel
W0903038-00007.jpg

Romofan

Premium Member
So the attached photos show how the interior of the freezer looks. There is an access panel (circled) when you remove the ice bucket and also a 2nd panel as circled in the photo. What should I do to try and solve the problem?

rickgburton

Staff member
also a 2nd panel as circled in the photo.
Remove the two ¼" screws and the access panel. That's where the auger motor is. Check if it's wet or iced up.

rickgburton

Staff member
Check the connector tab for the red/white wire. It's bent up for some reason and might not have a good connection and could be the problem. Press the dispenser and measure the voltage across the red/white wire and the brown/white wire. Your meter should indicate +120 VDC or -120 VDC depending on the crush/cube selection. You'll probably need to hold the door switch closed.

Snapshot_5.jpg

Romofan

Premium Member
I fixed the tab and no luck and then I tested the red and brown wires and no voltage coming through. Hoping I can still find a fix---What should I try next?

rickgburton

Staff member
then I tested the red and brown wires and no voltage ..... What should I try next?
This is not going to be good news. Make sure you're not blocking the beam from the optics and make sure the door switch is closed. If there's a flapper over the emitter tape it back. Try switching between crushed and cubed and recheck.

If the voltage is 0, the main control board, part# W10219463 or the dispenser control board, part# WPW10133710 failed. I can look for the tech sheet and tell you which one failed but here's the deal, both boards have been discontinued and are no longer available

Romofan

Premium Member
Hallelujah! Plugged the motor back in and tried the switching between crushed and cubed and lookie here-it works!!! Thank you so very much. You helped save our marriage-I was in big trouble for not emptying the ice bucket during the power outage and now all the little fingers will keep their germs to themselves and can get ice through the door instead of reaching into the bucket.Thanks so much Rick!

Attachments