• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KSBS25INBL02 Kitchenaid Superba refrigerator condenser fan stops and starts all the time.

nasosi

Premium Member
Model Number
KSBS25INBL02
Brand
KitchenAid
Hello,

I have a Kitchenaid Superba refrigerator that although seems to cool fine (Freezer 0F, Fridge 37F) it started developing the following symptom:

Randomly and approximately every 30secs - 1min (sometimes even every 5 secs), the condenser fan stops for a few seconds and starts again. We cleaned the bottom department where the fan and the compressor are located (it had a LOT of dust possibly heavily blocking the airflow), but the problem is still there. The compressor sounds fine, but it is running most of the time and rarely turns off.

I am considering replacing the condenser fan if it goes bust, but I would like your opinion on:

1. Is it possible that some other component is misbehaving and I should consider replacing that also?

2. I consider purchasing a used fan motor first from e-bay for $16. Is that advisable or should I go with a new replacement part?

3. Do you know if any of the following are appropriate?

Thank you!!!

No hotlinks to those sites allowed

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Check for a constant 115 volts AC at the condenser motor electrical connector, when it stops and starts again, it sounds like the control board, these control boards are notorious for causing this problem.

Here's the condenser fan motor for your model:
W10124096 Condenser Motor Kit

If you DON'T get a constant 115 volts at the electrical connector to the motor while the compressor is running, then the control board WPW10219463 is the culprit.

The manufacturer control board part number WPW10219463 has been discontinued.

Whirlpool makes a Service Kit to replace those discontinued boards now.

Here's the SERVICE KIT for your model you can order:
W10823804 Electronic Control Board Service Kit

Jake

nasosi

Premium Member
Dear Jake,
Thank you enormously for your response.

I will investigate the option of replacing the control board.

I may first attempt to diagnose/repair the fan relay circuit (I hear a clicking sound when the fan starts/stops) and will update my post with my experience.

Do you think that if I completely bypass the relay, and have the fan running all the time, it might be a problem? The compressor is running like 95% of the day anyway.

Best,
Nasos

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No Nasos, that would be modifying it, which I would not recommend.

Jake