• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KSC24C8EYY02 Kitchen aid Refrigerator - ice maker not working

jws13

Premium Member
Model Number
KSC24C8EYY02
Brand
KitchenAid
Have a kitchen aid model number KSC24C8EYY02 and the ice maker just stopped working. I found the paperwork in the toe kick trim and have determined that ice level sensor is functioning properly and I still have water coming from the water dispenser, so I assume it's not a supply issue. I was going to run a ice maker fill test using code 25 per the paperwork but saw on utube that this can cause a mess and possibly some issues if the ice mold is already full. So looking for some help on how to proceed ..thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Let's check for the easiest problem that it can be first, lots of members have found frayed and broken wires causing the ice maker to be dead or not put water in the ice maker tray. Remove the black wire harness loom too, broken wires can be underneath it.

FREEZER DOOR - b4.jpg

Another member was having a similar problem here: FIXED: GSF26C4EXY02 Whirlpool Gold Ice Maker Problem

Look at his post #6 he found frayed and broken wires underneath the freezer door, I'd remove your kickplate and check for that first.

Here's another one with the same thing about the frayed and broken wires: FIXED: 106.51173310 Kenmore elite ice maker not working - no led light

Here's another: FIXED: Whirlpool WSF26C2EXF01 Door Icemaker Not Working

Here's the ice maker for your model:
WPW10251076 Icemaker

Let us know what you find.

Jake

jws13

Premium Member
Thanks for the info and it looks like you might be correct because the ice maker magically started working last night after I had removed and replaced the toe kick. This morning I started to look at the wires you mentioned and ad the picture shows i have 2 wire bundles. So before I pull them both apart i was wondering if 1 of them had been identified as the 1 that contains the wires that control the ice maker? If it helps the left hand 1 had larger gauge wires... thanks
IMG_20210902_103902873.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You will need to remove the entire LOOM then you will likely see one or more wires cut or starting to get cut.

The BLACK/WHITE wire is the power to the ice maker.

Jake