KSC24C8EYY02 refrigerator : freezer and ice maker stop working, refrigerator side works properly

nygolfer

Model Number
KSC24C8EYY02
Brand
KitchenAid
Ice makes stops working and freezer's temperature always stays around 32F(I set it to -4), the refrigerator's temperature is normal. I removed front panel and vacuumed underneath, also removed panel on the back, the top of the compressor is pretty warm. I can also feel cold air come from top outlet of freezer when I open the freezer door, but it may not cold enough. ice cream melt like soup. thank you very much in advance for any advices.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Remove some items from the freezer and look to see if you have frost build-up on the back panel inside the freezer, if so then you have a auto defrost part that is out.

If not, remove that back panel inside the freezer and look at your evaporator coil to see the frost pattern on it, normal would be a thin layer of frost on ALL the coils from top to bottom.

You can take a photo of your evaporator coil and post it here if you like too.

Jake

nygolfer

Hi,

Remove some items from the freezer and look to see if you have frost build-up on the back panel inside the freezer, if so then you have a auto defrost part that is out.

If not, remove that back panel inside the freezer and look at your evaporator coil to see the frost pattern on it, normal would be a thin layer of frost on ALL the coils from top to bottom.

You can take a photo of your evaporator coil and post it here if you like too.

Jake
Jake,
Thanks you for your help. I will check the back panel inside the freezer and look at evaporator coil after work today.