FIXED KSCS23INSS00 Fridge not cooling compressor not turning on

sssteve04

Premium Member
Hey Rick, good news I put the inverter box in and it's working!!! Thanks for your help

One other quick question, when I was looking for the problem I took a piece of sticky thick rubber off and I don't remember where It came from, was thinking maybe it was a heat guard for the light bulbs maybe? Do u have any idea, it's about 3" square, one side sticky. Thanks again

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hmm... It doesn't sound familiar. I'm not sure where it would have gone.

Rudydavisson

Premium Member
Hmm... It doesn't sound familiar. I'm not sure where it would have gone.

So I know this thread is super old, but I have the same fridge with the same problem. I’ve done some troubleshooting and I know the compressor is running but it’s overheating because the fan is not coming on. I checked power at the plug for the fan and I’m getting like 1vac, so nothing. So my question is, does that inverter board also send power to the fan or is there another source?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

Rudydavisson

Premium Member
Thank you. I found a place that refurbished them for about $250 and you send them your old board. I’m going to go that route.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Rudydavisson

Premium Member
Thanks. What’s the best way to test the condenser motor to see if it works? Straight wire it or ohm it out?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'd ohm test the condenser motor first, if it ohms good, then your condenser motor is fine.

I checked power at the plug for the fan and I’m getting like 1vac, so nothing. So my question is, does that inverter board also send power to the fan or is there another source?
Your control board powers the condenser fan motor, not the inverter board.:)

So if your only getting one volt then its definity a bad control board, and it would be better to order the SERVICE KIT if you plan to spend $250 for a refurbished control board. The SERVICE KIT is not much higher in price than $250, and the SERVICE KIT is new, not refurbished.

SERVICE KIT is $356.50 minus $60.00 when you return your old control board.

Jake

Last edited: