KSCS25FJSS01 - ice maker not filling

ningersoll

Premium Member
Model Number
KSCS25FJSS01
Brand
KitchenAid
I recently removed the ice maker from the freezer (loosened two screws, disconnected wiring harness) to clean it. It was mostly functional prior to this, other than the ejector failing due to the ice getting stuck.

After putting the ice maker back in (definitely reconnecting the wiring harness), it's not operating - water doesn't go into it at all.

Any ideas?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
OK, Remove the cover over the ice maker power module and Locate holes "L" and "N". Use your meter to check for 120 VAC. You may need to hold a door switch in. If the voltage is correct, locate holes"T" and "H". Use a 3" piece of insulated wire with the ends stripped and bend it in the shape of a "U". Short holes "T" and "H" together and the ice maker should start a harvest cycle. If the ice maker starts a harvest cycle remove the wire and the harvest cycle will continue on it's own. At the end of the harvest cycle is the fill cycle. The ice maker will supply the solenoid on the water valve with 120 VAC for about 7 seconds.

Attachments

ningersoll

Premium Member
The ice maker tested 120v at the requisite points, and I performed the forced harvest cycle. Afterwards, no water. When I get a chance I'll pull the fridge (it's kinda heavily loaded right now) and test the water valve.

The strange thing is that the water was fine before I pulled the ice maker to clean it.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member