• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KSCS25INSS01 KitchenAid Refrigerator - Water Dispenser Stopped

RRR

Premium Member
Model Number
KSCS25INSS01
Brand
KitchenAid
Water dispenser stopped working rather suddenly. I filled some water and about half hour later Wife went to get some and nothing.

In no particular order I have
Figured out no water to ice maker too
Changed filter
Checked supply
Checked water solenoids, both showed good.
Checked voltage to both solenoids
Checked for clogged screen
Checked coiled line in crisper for ice
Called it a few names...
Read some other fixes here and still stumped.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
First--->Remove your bottom kickplate grille, Remove the black wire harness loom too, broken wires can be underneath it going into the bottom of the freezer door.

(click to enlarge)
FREEZER DOOR - b4.jpg

If the wiring is ok, then its possibly your bracket control, unfortunately its No Longer Available.

Also--->Some models have a lock-out switch to keep the kids from pushing it constantly make sure if yours does have a lock-out switch its not in lock mode.

Here's the bracket control for your model:
Manufacturer's Number: W10184875

Jake

RRR

Premium Member
Thanks. It is going to be a couple of days till I get on it but I'll follow up.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good. Yes, keep us posted.

Jake

RRR

Premium Member
The only board I could find was on e-Bay, I'm not real fond of buying used electronics but I didn't have any options that I could find. Got it in today but not getting any results. Went back over everything but still the same. I still can feel (both, water and ice) the solenoids click in. I am about to go shopping because the Wonderful Wife must have water and ice but she isn't fond of getting a Brita water pitcher and a bag of ice.

Anything else before I give it up?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Nope, I don't know what else it can be then, other than a broken wire in the door itself.

The average life of refrigerators is only 8-12 years. So it had a average life.

Happy Refrigerator Shopping!

We recommend Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana refrigerators.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Anytime!

Jake

RRR

Premium Member
The Appliance Gods have smiled and blessed me!

Started back at square one again after the ice maker decided to fill and pump out ice. Went back and used the hair dryer to thaw the coil in the refer with no change. Spent about an hour thawing around the dispenser in the door, popped the ice container out and concentrated in that area as I suspected that is where any ice blockage might be. Still nothing.

So today I pulled out the refer and decided to disconnect the fittings and see if I could huff and puff into the tube from the bottom of the door to the dispenser. It was clear. Did the same to the tube that goes into the refer and to the door connection and it was clear also. I am ready to say for some reason the solenoid is not functioning even though it ohmed out and had voltage to it. Decided to pull it and see if I could figure out something.

Then I noticed that the last time I metered it failed to plug the power connector in. Funny how stuff works when it is all connected!

Bottom line is I think I got off track when I said the ice maker failed to fill even though I waited for several hours to check it. And I suspect that the line in the door was frozen for some reason. One of these days I'll learn to confirm all the simple things first.

Thanks again and I got a slightly use control board...

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent @RRR glad that was all it was.(y)

Jake