• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KSCS25INSS01 KitchenAid water freezing into a block of ice

mfowlerhome

Premium Member
Model Number
KSCS25INSS01
Brand
KitchenAid
We have a KitchenAid Superba (maybe 10-12 yrs old??) and the ice maker has stopped working. Water is making it to the maker but is just freezing into a block of ice with no ice cubes being dispensed into the door bin. I removed, melted the ice and reinstalled but issue is still unresolved. I also melted water from the supply line leading into the ice maker. Anyone heard of this issue before and/or any thoughts on cause & remedy?

Added model number

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, I've seen this problem many times on my service calls, but we need your model number first. Read it from the model number tag located inside the refrigerator section on the upper walls or ceiling.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, thanks! It sounds like its overfilling, this ice maker does have the fill adjustment screw you can try adjusting first, if that doesn't fix it, then you will need to replace the ice maker.

If it still overfills after decreasing the water fill, then the ice maker needs to be replaced. Over time the module circuit strip wears and tells the ice maker to overfill itself.

There is a HOW TO video in this ice maker link below that shows you how to access it.

2198597 Complete Icemaker Assembly (8 Cube)

Once you remove the front plastic ice maker cover you should see it, that plastic cover just unsnaps off.

waterfilladjustment2 (1) (1).JPG

The water adjustment screw only has a maximum 1/2 (half) turn in each direction. Any more than that throws it all out of whack.:)

Turning the set screw clockwise decreases the water fill. 1/2 turn = approx 20cc of water.

If it still overfills after decreasing the water fill, then the ice maker needs to be replaced.

Let us know what happens.

mfowlerhome

Premium Member
Does the above diagram apply to all ice makers? ours does not have that shutoff arm, ours has an on/off switch on the righthand wall of the freezer

mfowlerhome

Premium Member
I watched the video that was part of the tutorial link you included above. The inside of that freezer looked similar to ours and i assume the process would be more or less the same? However, the diagram indicating where the set screw is does not match what we have. Would that set screw still be in the same location for our model that has the on/off switch on the righthand wall of the freezer vs the on/off arm shown in the diagram?

mfowlerhome

Premium Member
Sorry to keep blowing you up with these responses. I just watched the video again and it looks about like ours. However, i did not see any sort of adjustment/set screws anywhere on the ice make assembly. Could you direct me on where that set screw would be on the ice maker shown in the instructional video in your link above?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Your ice maker may not have it then, it should be on the side of the ice maker head, once you remove the plastic cover over the ice maker head.

Take a photo of yours so I can see.

mfowlerhome

Premium Member
Also, the flap on the left of the freezer looks to be slanting. I have attached a picture of it as well. Could this be causing the issue?

Attachments

• Freezer.jpg
    Freezer.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Freezer 1.jpg
    Freezer 1.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 20

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You have to remove the complete ice maker then remove the plastic cover on the ice maker head, then you should see that fill adjustment screw.:)

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.