• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KSDB900ESS0 KitchenAid Range - Oven stops 40 degrees short from set preheat temp

Brandon7051

Premium Member
Model Number
KSDB900ESS0
Brand
KitchenAid
Just a little background on this situation. I bought the dual fuel range approximately 2 years ago because I was remodeling my house. Long story short I have just finished the remodel and have plugged it in to use for the first time ever. Right off the back, it wouldn't function right. I have already replaced the touch panel and the control board. That seemed to allow me to turn the stove on and it work.

I didn't perform a full systems check at that point. I just accepted it as working because the oven started getting warm and the touch panel worked.

I still do not have a gas line ran so I hope there will be no problems with the range section. I stayed at the house for the first time last night and went to heat up dinner in the oven. That is when I tried to preheat the oven to 425F and noticed it would never get above 385F. I tried doing some immediate troubleshooting and diagnostics with no tools.

I have concluded so far (without using a separate temperature gauge) using the temperature reading on the touchpad that no matter what temperature I select to preheat, there is always a 40-degree difference between desired setting and the actual readout.

I also tried the bottom baking drawer and it seems to work correctly (again not confirmed with a temp gauge only the panel readout). I also tried going into the tools menu and adjusting the calibration which only allows a 30-degree swing in temp. That also did not work, so now I am here. Any help would be much appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Lets first ohm test the oven sensor.

Watch this video to ohm test it:

Pull your RANGE out from the wall, then unplug it from the wall, then take back access panel off and you will see a connector that goes to it, remove the connector and ohm test it.

Here's the oven sensor for your model:
Sensor W10833885

Jake

Brandon7051

Premium Member
These are the 2 reading based on the 2 lowest settings in Ohms. The lowest setting I could never get to produce a reading except for a split second and very randomly. Please see attached photos with reading and setting.

Attachments

• 20211215_155831.jpg
    20211215_155831.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 20211215_155823.jpg
    20211215_155823.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 40

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, I know, where did you buy it at?

Have them exchange it for another new one.

Jake