• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

KSDB900ESS4 KitchenAid Gas Range - Oven making dinging noise

Model Number
KSDB900ESS4
Brand
KitchenAid
This KitchenAid gas range delivered in summer 2021 makes this dinging sound. It sounds like the fan hitting metal. This is when I preheat it to a high temperature, sometimes it does not do it when I am preheating it to a lower temperature. I had an appliance guy come out and he told me that it would cost about 5 or $600 to repair but he couldn’t get it to make the noise at the time so it was guessing what the problem is. Is this really going to cost me that much to fix,

Attachments

• IMG_0253.MOV
    28.5 MB

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
I had an appliance guy come out

Was he a Whirlpool *factory authorized* service depot? They would be most familiar with servicing the unit.

LINK > Appliance411 Advice: Who To Call For Home Service?

he couldn’t get it to make the noise at the time so it was guessing what the problem is

It's hard to fix things that aren't broken when you're there. Did you show them the video?

Is this really going to cost me that much to fix,

That is impossible to say without isolating the cause first. It does sound like the cooling fan is hitting something. Whether it is a problem with the motor unit (liked below) or a foreign object in it, I can't say.

LINK > KSDB900ESS4 Cooling Fan

I don't think either of the above should usually cost that much to repair. He may have either been pricing himself out of doing the repair (doesn't want to even attempt it) or just covering all bases. If they order the part in advance they just might install it regardless of whether it is needed or not. An alternative might be you ordering the fan in advance of their returning and if not used, you just return it.

I do not know how to access it on your model. The link above has a video that shows what is required on one model.

Dan O.

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.