• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KSF26C4XYY03 KitchenAid refrigerator not making ICE

grebva3

Premium Member
Model Number
KSF26C4XYY03
Brand
KitchenAid
SO far I have fixed the wiring at the bottom of the door. A bit of a pain but manageable. Still no ICE. A1 Appliance Repair put in a "new" ice maker and still no ice. I have not been able to locate the Fault code sheet it is not located at the top of door hinge or in the bottom kick plate. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

grebva3

Premium Member
After more research and reading thru this forum, the next step would be to change the OPTICs board I have ordered. Hope this fixes the problem so the wife doesn't force me to buy a new refrigerator.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, are you absolutely sure you don't see ANYMORE frayed/broken wires underneath that black wire harness LOOM under the freezer door, this is extremely common to see happen on this model.

You MUST peel back that black wire harness LOOM to see all the wires leading into the freezer door.:)

Look here:

Jake

grebva3

Premium Member
I went back and double checked my work. I used water proof connectors with heat shrink to add a little more strength to the connection and "hopefully" prevent the issue in the future. Yes, all wires are connected and no frays on the two wires that were not frayed/cut.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Unplug the refrigerator from the wall outlet first for 5 minutes, then plug it back in, then remove the ice bucket and you will see a little flapper on the right side, tape the little door closed. Then check the voltage while holding the door switches in.

Look at the front of the ice maker module and locate holes "L" and "N". With your DMM check for 120 Volts AC.

If 120 Volts AC is present, try to force cycle the ice maker by shorting Holes "T" and "H" together with piece of wire. As soon as the ice maker starts a harvest cycle remove the wire.

If 120 Volts AC is present and If the ice maker doesn't start a harvest replace it:
WPW10251076 Icemaker

Force Cycle IM Test (1).jpg

Jake

grebva3

Premium Member
Thanks to all, I replaced the OPTIC sensor in the ice door combined with fixing the wire in the door and the ice machine is working again, I appreciate the input.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member